1. When the Fire Dept. discovered that the Moody’s had misappropriated funds, it was immediately reported to the sheriff’s office. The Moody’s were charged with a crime, pled guilty at their trial and were sentenced and paid restitution. Case closed.
2. His question doesn’t make sense. How could the police get involved without someone from the fire department reporting the crime?
3. The people of Wahkiakum County elected Mr. Faubion to the office of district court judge. It is perfectly legal for an attorney to continue working in his profession while holding the office of a part-time district court judge. Mr. Faubion would recuse himself from any court proceedings where there could be a conflict of interest.
4. Mr. Faubion and Mr. Bigelow were not involved in any mismanagement of funds. The state auditor found no such evidence - only suggesting some changes should be made. As far as anyone abusing the law is concerned, I have a list of Mr. Gordon’s encounters with the justice system. It’s a public record and available to anyone.
5. As to whether Wahkiakum County would be better off without the above individuals, county voters will decide that when they come up for re-election. Since neither one has broken any laws, the candidates for sheriff need not make a response.