Sherri McDonald is the Interim Director of the Wahkiakum County Department of Health & Human Services. She has been tasked with evaluation of the services of the Department including current staff positions and responsibilities, specifically the position of Department Director. Sherri and the Health & Human Services Advisory Board would like to get feedback and recommendations about services, staffing, and funding sustainability for the Department of Health & Human Services. The advisory board is looking for ideas about alternatives, pros and cons, and the long term outlook for health and human services in Wahkiakum County. Ms. McDonald will be joined by Suzanne Holmes, WCHHS Advisory Board Chair and Chris Holmes, Human Services Manager.
Several questions will be posed to the audience to start the discussion:
1. What services do you know are offered by the Department of Health & Human Services?
2. What is your impression of the quality of those services?
3. Do you understand how these services are paid for? Would you like to know more about how the services are paid for?
4. How do you feel about the availability and access to these services? Enough? Too much?
5. Are services available in the right place and the right amount – in Rosburg? WIC once each month?
6. What else would you like to know about the services, staff, or funding of the Department?
7. Any other questions?
"This informative discussion is open to everyone, and the interested public is warmly invited to attend," said GRG Lecturer Bob Pyle in a press release.
The Grange's regular Locavore Dinner, to which all are welcome, will be at 6:45, followed by the open meeting at 7:30. Grays River Grange is located on SR 4 in the village of Grays River, just west of Duffy's Irish Pub.