Free CERT course offered in Cathlamet
The Wahkiakum County Sheriff’s Office, Department of Emergency Management is offering a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) course in Cathlamet.
The CERT program is an all-risk, all-hazard training. This valuable course is designed to help you protect yourself, your family, your neighbors, and your neighborhood in an emergency situation.
All classes will be held on Wednesday evenings at the Cathlamet Fire Hall, 255 2nd Street, Cathlamet.
Training is scheduled as follows:
· Disaster Preparedness: September 3, 6-8:30 p.m.
· Fire Safety & Utility Controls: September 10, 6-8:30 p.m.
· Disaster Medical Part 1: September 17, 6-8:30 p.m.
· Disaster Medical Part 2: September 24, 6-9 p.m.
· Light Search & Rescue: October 1, 6-8:30 p.m.
· CERT Organization: October 8, 6-8 p.m.
· Disaster Psychology: October 15, 6-8 p.m.
· Terrorism and CERT: October 22, 6-8:30 p.m.
· Course Review & Final evaluation: October 29, 6-8:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required and is limited to 25 participants.
CERT members receive 20 hours of initial training provided free of charge. The course is taught with classroom instruction and practical exercises. Participants under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian permission to attend.
To register or for more information, contact Beau Renfro at 795-3242, 465-2202 or email email@example.com.