Hometown Tourism Day set
Pacific and Clatsop Counties are known throughout the region for their tourist attractions. The Hometown Tourism Day on Saturday, September 26 highlights many of them.
Several local sites are working together to offer free or reduced admissions or special offers on this day to encourage their neighbors to come and see what they have to offer. Here is a list of the special activities available this fifth annual Hometown Tourism Day.
Northwest Carriage Museum – 314 Alder Street, Raymond, Washington – $1.00 off admission, 10:00-4:00.
· Pacific County Historical Society Museum and Visitor Center - milepost 54, Hwy 101, South Bend, Washington - free admission, 11:00-4:00.
Cranberry Museum – 2907 Pioneer Road, Long Beach, Washington – free admission, 10:00-5:00.
· World Kite Museum – 303 Sid Snyder Drive West, Long Beach, Washington – free admission, 11:00-5:00.
· Cape Disappointment State Park – Ilwaco, Washington – free park admission, $5 admission to L&C Center, 10:00–5:00.
· Columbia Pacific Heritage Museum – 115 SE Lake Street, Ilwaco, Washington - free admission and Pieces of the Puzzle exhibit, 10:00-4:00.
· Fort Columbia State Park – Chinook, Washington – free admission to the grounds including trails, dawn to dusk.
· US Public Health Service Quarantine Station Museum at Knappton Cove, Washington, 3 mi E of Astoria Bridge - free, 1:00-3:00.
· Astoria Riverfront Trolley – board at any trolley stop from Basin Street to 39th , Astoria, Oregon– ride for free, noon-6:00.
· Hanthorn Cannery Museum at Pier 39 – 100 39th Street, Astoria, Oregon - free admission, 9:00-6:00.
· Columbia River Maritime Museum – 1792 Marine Drive, Astoria, Oregon – free Quarter Deck magazine for local residents, 9:30-5:00.
· Astoria Column – Astoria, Oregon – free parking and free poster, 9:00-5:00.
· Lewis and Clark National Historical Park - Fort Clatsop, Astoria, Oregon– free admission and ranger programs, 9:00-5:00.
· Seaside Museum & Historical Society – 570 Necanicum Drive, Seaside, Oregon – free admission, 10:00-3:00.
· Cannon Beach History Center & Museum – 1387 S. Spruce Street, Cannon Beach, Oregon – free admission and coffee, 11:00-5:00.