WSU Master Gardener On-line Workshops: August
August 4, 2022
On Tuesdays at noon WSU Master Gardeners present weekly on-line free programs. No need to register, just pop in. Connection information (you must have a Zoom account and be signed into it--sign up for one at zoom.us), then join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android: https://wsu.zoom.us/j/7756056320?pwd=RzVxbTl0dXpyUjJjSDdsWnJuTXdydz09
Meeting ID: 775 605 6320
Phone Call: +1 253 215 8782, 775 605 6320#
For help, contact Gary Fredricks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-577-3014 Ext. 3.
· August 2--Noon--Tuesday: Controlling the Worst Noxious Weeds (on-line) Gardens would be easy to care for if not for weeds. WSU Master Gardener and Cowlitz County Noxious Weed Coordinator, Jennifer Mendoza, will talk about how to identify and control the worst weeds that are noxious bullies in your garden.
· August 9--6 p.m.--Tuesday: Tending the Garden (on-line) Your garden is growing well, but when is the best time to start picking vegetables? WSU Master Gardener Art Fuller will discuss how and when to harvest vegetables for the best taste and longer shelf life.
· August 16--Noon--Tuesday: Preserving your Food (on-line) WSU Master Food Preserver Greg Lassila will discuss methods to preserve the harvest from your garden. Learn the correct techniques and resources to use when canning food.
· August 23--Noon--Tuesday: Saving Seeds
(on-line) Do you have a favorite tomato, pepper, or other veggie that you like so well you'd like to grow it again? WSU Master Gardener Alice Slusher will explain about gathering and storing seeds for next year and beyond.
· August 30--Noon--Tuesday: Extending your Garden Season (on-line) WSU Master Gardener Art Fuller will talk about extending the growing season through the fall. Art will discuss extending your garden season, cover crops, and winter gardening. Join to find out more about what works when it comes to gardening in Cowlitz County and learn how to continue raising vegetables throughout the fall.