Normally scheduled shot clinic canceled 4 days in December
December 1, 2022
Wahkiakum Health and Human Services will not host their normal vaccine clinic on December 5, 7, 12 and 26 of December. The clinic is normally open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m., to 12:30 p.m., and 1:30 to 3 p.m. Shot clinics are scheduled to be held on December 14, 19, 21, and 28.
For more information about the vaccines visit the CDC, DOH, and/or the Public Health Collaborative.
Getting vaccinated is the best possible protection from COVID-19 and the flu. WHHS encourages everyone who hasn’t already been vaccinated to contact the Health Department or their personal medical provider and get scheduled to get a vaccine. The Health Department can be reached at 360-849-4041, M-Th 8 to 4:30.
You can take steps to protect yourself and people around you from the flu, COVID-19, and other diseases:
• Get vaccinated for those diseases with vaccines available.
• Wear a mask when going out in public.
• Stay at home and away from others as much as you can.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with others.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
• Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.