Expect evening delays during last week of closures July 10-14 before SR 433 Lewis and Clark Bridge shuts down on July 16
July 13, 2023
People who use the State Route 433 Lewis and Clark Bridge connecting Longview and Rainer, OR should expect evening delays this week leading up to the closure of the bridge for up to eight days on Sunday, July 16.
Beginning Monday, July 10, Washington State Department of Transportation contractor crews will resume single lane closures each evening at 8 p.m. on the Lewis and Clark Bridge in preparation of the Sunday, July 16 closure to replace two finger joints and a floor beam.
What to expect:
· Thursday, July 13: Beginning at 8 p.m., a single lane will be closed, and traffic will be alternated up until 7 a.m.
· Friday, July 14: No evening construction work or traffic interruptions.
· Saturday, July 15: No evening construction work or traffic interruptions.
· Sunday, July 16: Beginning at 8 p.m., the Lewis and Clark Bridge will be closed to all vehicle traffic for up to eight days.
· Travelers will detour by using the Astoria-Megler Bridge or the Interstate 5 Bridge.
· Pedestrians, bicyclists and first responders will have access during the full closure except during a 10-hour window where the floor beam will be replaced.
· First responders, healthcare workers and those with urgent medical needs may use the Wahkiakum County Ferry with priority status.
The best way to stay up-to-date on this future work is to sign up for email alerts.
As with any highway maintenance and construction project, travelers must exercise caution through the work zone. To keep both road users and road workers safe, travelers are asked to drive at slower speeds, have patience, obey warning signs and look for instructions from flagging personnel.
Before heading out the door, travelers can get real-time traveler information with the WSDOT mobile app or by visiting our real-time travel map webpage.