WSU Master Gardener On-line Workshops: January
January 7, 2021
On Tuesdays at noon, and Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m., WSU Master Gardeners present weekly on-line free programs. No need to register, just pop in. Connection information (you must have a zoom account--sign up for one at zoom.us), then join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android from this link: https://wsu.Zoom.us/j/7756056320... Meeting ID: 775 605 6320 Password: 12345. You can also call in by phone (no Zoom account necessary).
Phone Call: +1 253 215 8782, 775 605 6320#. For help, call Gary Fredricks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-577-3014 Ext. 3. The workshop is sponsored by Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners.
· January 12, Noon, Container Gardening Do you want to grow a garden, but you're short on space? WSU Master Gardener Steve Powers will explain ways to have a bountiful harvest from container grown veggies.
· January 13, 6:00 p.m., Pruning Fruit Trees Would you like to know more about how to prune your fruit trees? WSU Master Gardener Art Fuller will show how to prune your fruit trees—and what not to do!
· January 19, Noon, Writing a Will
Chris Roubicek, Attorney in Castle Rock, will address the importance of having a will. A will is a legal document that allows you, not the Washington legislature, to determine where your estate will go. Wills are necessary for people with stepchildren, children under 25, or a child or children with disabilities as well as people with no children.
· January 20, 6:00 p.m., Caring for Fruit Trees Do you want to know what you can do now to help prepare your fruit trees for a healthy growing season in the spring and summer? Join WSU Master Gardener Alice Slusher to learn how to manage codling moth, apple maggots, peach leaf curl apple and pear scab, and other problems. Organic options will be discussed, too, and a management calendar will be provided.
· January 26, Noon, Make Your Own Paper WSU Master Gardener Karen Adams will show you how to make homemade paper. Send a friend a card and some flowers when you make plantable paper!
· January 27, 6:00 p.m., Greenhouse Information for the Home Gardener
Are you interested in learning how having a home greenhouse can expand your gardening possibilities? Join Nancy Chennault, Volunteer Coordinator for Castle Rock’s national award-winning America In Bloom program, to learn how to start and grow plants in a greenhouse.