The Wahkiakum County Eagle - Established as The Skamokawa Eagle in 1891

A little Puget Island bridge history

 

August 29, 2019

In the archives of the Doumit Building, Cathlamet artist Ruth Doumit came across the Aug. 17, 1939, jubilee edition of The Eagle, celebrating the opening of the Puget Island bridge 80 years ago. A highlight of that event in 1939: President Franklin D. Roosevelt activated a switch via telegraph to open the bridge.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 09/19/2019 14:33