Boil water order rescinded
September 24, 2020
The boil water order for Cathlamet and Puget Island water systems has been rescinded. Here is the Thursday morning announcement from Town Clerk/Treasurer Sarah Clark:
Cathlamet, WA – Customers of the Town of Cathlamet & Wahkiakum PUD's Puget Island water systems no longer need to boil their drinking water.
After receiving confirmation from the Washington State Department of Health, we’re pleased to announce that the boil water advisory is no longer necessary and lifted effective immediately.
Please Flush Your System as a Safety Precaution
The Town asks customers who were under the Boil Water Advisory to take a few precautions prior to consuming any tap water. Flushing simply means letting the water run to ensure that no contaminated water remains in your pipes. Please follow these guidelines:
· The Town recommends running all cold water taps for five minutes.
· If you have a single-lever faucet, set it to run the cold water.
· Begin with the lowest faucet in your home or business and then open the other faucets one at a time, moving from your lowest floor to your highest.
· After five minutes, turn off your faucets in reverse order, from highest to lowest.
· You should also flush your refrigerator's water lines.
· If you have shut off or not used fixtures, including water fountains, ice machines, soda machines, and/or other equipment, please flush the fixture or equipment until there is a change in water temperature before putting it back into service.
If you experience problems after performing the above procedures, or if you have any questions, please contact our Public Works Department at 360.795.3203 x4.