The Wahkiakum County Eagle - Established as The Skamokawa Eagle in 1891

Council votes to support community center staff

 

August 26, 2021



The Cathlamet Town Council on Aug. 16 voted to approve to fund 40% of the cost of a part time coordinator position at the community center, subject to the county agreeing to both hire and fund the remaining 60% of the position.

The town currently contributes $5,000 annually, but will now contribute $9,600 annually towards the coordinator position in addition to covering the cost of utilities of the center.

A motion was passed to extend the temporary reduction of the Hotel Cathlamet’s equivalent consumer units (ECU) through September 30 due to a covid-19 induced decrease in occupancy.

Lastly, Council Member Bill Wainwright requested that the council discuss a town-county cost sharing to help with the town pool and community center expenses. A motion to request 60% of the net operating costs of the pool failed to be seconded due to the lack of data substantiating the use of the pool by county residents.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/28/2021 13:46