Cathlamet library to host free Google Partners Job Seeker, Small Business Workshops
March 12, 2020
Cathlamet Public Library will host a free workshop on digital skills using resources from Grow with Google on the main floor of the library on Saturday, March 28. The Help For Job Seekers workshop will be held from 2-3 p.m., and Building Small Businesses from 3:30-4:30 p.m., at 115 Columbia Street.
The library is partnering with Elizabeth Iaukea from the Washington State Library and Grow with Google to help our community learn digital skills. At the first workshop, Help For Job Seekers, individuals will learn the following:
· How to discover new job opportunities using Google Search, and learn how to organize and enhance your job search experience using G Suite tools.
· Discover career opportunities using Job Search on Google.
· Use Google Sheets to track the progress of job applications.
· Create a resume using Google Docs.
At the Second workshop, Building Small Businesses, participants can learn about Google My Business, a free tool for local businesses who want to connect with customers on Google Search and Maps. Get hands-on help creating or updating your business profile or a simple website.
· Create or claim your Business Profile on Google.
· Manage your business info across Google Search and Maps.
· Use Google My Business to connect with potential customers.
· Create a free website using the info from your Business Profile.
The mission of the Cathlamet Public Library is to inspire lifelong learning, promote literacy, and improve the quality of life in Wahkiakum County.
Pre-register with Librarian Carol Blix by phone or email to 360-795-3254 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, telephone and email contact information. Each workshop is limited to no more than 15 participants.
Grow with Google helps ensure that the opportunities created by technology are available to everyone. Since launching in 2017, they’ve trained more than three million Americans on digital skills. And through a network of more than 5,000 partner organizations–including local libraries, schools, and nonprofits–more people across the country can reach their full potential. To learn more about Grow with Google partners and the available tools and resources, visit google.com/grow.